12th February 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
I hope your children have enjoyed their first week back at school.
Below please find some important updates for next week:
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
As per the Premier’s announcement this morning, a range of post-lockdown restrictions will be lifted from this Sunday, 14th February.
The two main differences affecting WCPS are:
- face masks will no longer be required
- external extracurricular and support programs will commence from next week
Please note that the following safety measures are still in place at Whitford Catholic:
- Visitors must sanitise hands and sign in using the Safe WA app.
- Restrictions to the number of visitors entering school buildings will still be in place. Parents should not enter classrooms.
- Visitors to the school will be encouraged to practise safe social distancing.
- Drink fountains remain closed so please remember to pack your child’s water bottle each day
- The school will promote the CEWA Safe Hands initiative across the school. Children are encouraged and are given time to wash their hands regularly throughout the day.
- Canteen orders remain online and for lunch only. We are unable to accept cash orders.
- As per school policy, we request that children be kept at home if unwell.
- If you or your children have visited the identified high-risk regions, are unwell or have symptoms, it is important that you have a COVID test and do not attend school until you receive your negative result.
DROP OFF & PICK UP
To make our drive-through drop off and pick up systems more efficient and safe for our children, parents are asked the following:
Please do not park in the bays that are in the drive-through system at the front of the school or on Barradine Way, either before or after school.
If you need to park to drop off or pick up your child, please use the main carpark, parish carpark, oval carpark, courts or legal street parking.
A reminder of the drop off and pick up guidelines are below:
Children should be brought to and picked up from the classroom door by one parent/carer. Parents are asked not to arrive at the Pre-Kindy room before 8:45am.
Kindy students can be brought to their classroom by one parent/carer from 8.20am – 8.45am with kiss and go in place. Parents are asked to park and collect their Kindy child from the classroom at 2.45pm.
We encourage parents to use the drop off arrangements at Barradine Way as per the School Stream message sent by teachers today.
Years 1 – 6:
We encourage all students to use their designated drive through areas for both drop off and pick up. If you feel you need to walk your child to their classroom, one parent/carer may drop them to their classroom door where they will be greeted by a staff member. Due to COVID restrictions, parents will be unable to enter the classrooms.
31st January 2021
As per the announcement made today by WA Premier, Mark McGowan, Perth begins a COVID lockdown at 6pm this evening. This means that all schools, including Whitford Catholic Primary School, will be closed to staff and students this week. This will be viewed as an extension of the school holidays and no schoolwork is expected to be completed during this time. Teachers will be using this time to prepare for remote learning in case the lockdown continues beyond one week. We anticipate that the first day of school will be Monday 8th February but we will keep families up to date with any changes. If you have concerns about your child during this time, please email email@example.com.